Friday, September 26, 2014

Blue Eid card

Hi there.
I am back today (yes! I know! two cards in two days! Awesome, right? ;)) with another Eid card.
I am having so much fun with my Altenew products, they are so perfect for Eid cards. I have a ton of ideas swarming round in my head that I can't wait to make up.
Anyway, lets get on to todays card, shall we?


This card was inspired by Indian fashion. I think I have mentioned my love for colour a few times, and well hey, you just need to look at the name of my blog to know that I'm serious ;)  So for this card I got inky!  I started by cutting and scoring my Gina K 120LB card stock so it would open in the front. Next I masked off the back and stamped and heat embossed the two front panels with images from the "Henna Elements" stamps set from Altenew. I used wow embossing powder in pearl gold, I absolutely LOVE this EP, I have been looking for a bright gold EP for ages!  And now I finally have it.  When that was done I pulled out my distress inks and got inky with tumbled glass, peacock feathers, salty ocean and chipped sapphire. Next I heat embossed the Eid greeting, from the "Eid greetings" set, on the inside and inked that up too.
Here is a look at the inside of the card.


Well that's it from me for today.  I hope you had a fun visit.

Tasha :)

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go girl--two days in a row. Beautiful card Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I think I'll convert! Or at least start making Eid cards!! lol! This is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As salaamu alakum. I was wondering if you make any for non Muslims?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...