Sunday, March 9, 2014

Virginia's View #1

Good morning.
I have a card to share with you that I made for the new challenge blog, Virginia's View, started by the lovely and every inspiring Virginia Lu (a fellow Canadian, yay! ) ;)
The first, HERE, Challenge is all about Watercolor. I love watercolor! So I knew I just had to play along.

Here's my card :

And here's the inside:



Now even though I do have a cheapo set of water color I used re-inkers for this because I wanted  this color combo and I like how vibrant the re-inkers are.  I colored a panel of card stock, starting with the pink at the top and the orange at the bottom and worked my way to the middle. I then die cut the butterflies from this panel.  Next I took a plain piece of white card stock and die cut the butterflies again before running through with a woodgrain impression plate to add texture.  I popped this onto the card base with foam tape. Instead of adding a sentiment to the card I decided to add it to the butterflies that I then inserted them into the negative space, leaving the wings free to fly ;) I finished it off with some enamel dots.  Now... I am desperately trying to become more 'clean and simple" in my card making, so I made sure to leave lots of white space, where I would typically try to fill the space.  I think it works but I'd love to hear other ideas/opinions. 

I've recently started finishing the insides of my cards too, even if it is just a sentiment.  I feels more complete.  For this one I LOVE the way it looks. I chose the sentiment because I thought it worked well with the butterflies and "transformation" ;)  I stamped the sentiment and watercolored over it to echo the colors on the butterflies. 

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope I have inspired you to play along too.

Peace and Love.
Tasha :)

6 comments:

  1. I love so many things about this, Tasha! I too love those particular colors washed together like you did, and I love that you stamped on your butterflies, and I love them against the woodgrain! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it inside and out, Tasha!! The water-colors are absolutely yummy! You sure nailed this challenge! Thanks for linking to Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Tasha!! The colors are stunning and I love how you popped the butterfly wings up. The sentiment is perfect on the butterflies too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Natasha! I love that you watercoloured the inside, too. Awesome stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply lovely, Natasha. Love the watercoloring on the interior behind the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...