Friday, July 6, 2012

Emboss resist flower

Hello again :) I'm back with this weeks Bellarific Friday challenge card. This weeks challenge was all about embossing. I could not decide if I wanted to heat emboss or dry emboss, so I did both ;)
So I started by heat embossing the carnation flower head stamp on watercolor paper with off white wow embossing powder. I then used some distress stains in orange marmalade, fired brick and barn door, to color it in. I also colored another one in with peeled paint. Next I sprayed the both pieces with perfect pearl water. While that was drying I embossed my card base with the cuttlebug swiss dots folder and then rubbed some vintage photo distress ink over it to accentuate the dots.  Next I die cut the banner with my Die-namics fishtail flag stax. I lightly rubbed some distress ink over this and heat embossed the sentiment on to it.  I attached this to the card base. Next, I cut the flower out and cut apart the green one to make leaves. I attached the leaves to the side of the flower and popped it onto the banner with dimensional tape.  Lastly, I added some pearls to the center. 

Well, that's it for bellarific friday. Next weeks challenge is another sketch challenge, using this sketch:
I hope you can play along too. If you do, e-mail your entries to Emily by Thursday.

I hope you are all having a great start to the Summer. We have been having lots of fun and really enjoying the sun.  I'll be back to share another card soon:)

Thanks for stopping by.
Tasha

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Beautiful colors and the perfect sentiment to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful, Tasha! LOVE your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy flower, Tasha - the color is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasha this is STUNNING Now I must ink up that big flower & colour it with my distress markers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this ever GORGEOUS, Tasha!! Love your Emboss Resist flower and take on the sketch!Hope you are enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...